Wednesday 4 May 2011

Filming- Day 1

11:00am- Me, Oliver, Adam and his girlfriend Katrina met at Adam’s house. We decided to film the very last scene where you see Adam writing a letter to himself pretending that Katrina is writing it for him, in which you then see her murdered on the floor. This scene was especially difficult to film as we had to use various techniques so you could not completely see who was writing the letter as this was the big twist in our film. However, I believe we successfully pulled this off, and it looked very effective as I was filming it.
12:30pm- We then decided to film the time lapse scene. This consisted of us taking lots of shots of Adam in different positions on his sofa. We will then edit these shots together so they look like time has passed. This scene was very interesting to film as it was good to experiment with the camera as I have never used a technique like this before. However, we experienced problems whilst filming this scene as the camera’s batteries kept dying so we had to keep recharging them.
1:30pm- After much discussion we came up with the conclusion that the first letter scene should be next. This was one of my scenes and I was especially excited to film it as I had many creative ideas. Firstly, I took different shots of Adam’s face and hands to show that he was writing a letter to Melissa but prolonged you actually seeing his whole body. This scene involved many props such as lots of paper and envelopes and pieces of screwed up paper on the floor. I chose these items especially the screwed up paper as I believe that it effectively shows is anger and perfection to get the relationship right. I believe that this scene was the most successful out of my scenes and it will also look very effective when it is edited.
2:30pm- The last scene we shot was of Adam (Alex) delivering the letter to Melissa’s house. This scene also involved time lapses of various letters being posted into her door on different days. We showed this through the lighting, filming shots when it was light and some when it got a bit darker. I believe that this will look effective once edited.       

No comments:

Post a Comment