Thursday 5 May 2011

Editing

At the beginning we agreed that the 3 scenes we chose to produce and direct, we would then edit. To edit our sections we used a programme called ‘movie pro 11’. In my sections the editing pace remained relatively the same as nothing exciting or chilling happened. I used a selection of different length dissolves where I thought was necessary so that the transition and overall pace of the sections ran smoothly.
During editing I realised I had to adjust the background sound on some of my sections, especially in the outdoor scenes as the wind affected the dialogue of the actors. I believe I did this well and kept it as natural as I could of left it so the dialogue was more audible. As a group we also agreed that as you watch the film the lighting would get darker to represent Alex’s physical and mental decline. Although this was quite difficult we all managed to use this effect in our scenes and I strongly think that it looks very effective. I believed that editing my scenes was very straightforward as I had lots of different shots to work with and I then deleted the shots I did not need.
After we all finished our separate sections, we then had to connect each scene in the correct order to how the story unfolds. We agreed on an order and connected every scene to its adjacent ones, using the cutting tool and a number of dissolves so that the short film looks and runs smoothly. I am very glad we have finished editing our short film and also very excite that we have a finished piece. All we have to do now is add the titles and credits.       

No comments:

Post a Comment